Because it takes too long to create a situation of peace for a paradigm of suffering. And even we apparently succeed, paradigms of suffering will soon find a way to suffer just the same.
Finance: I'll only be happy if I have a really secure job.
Relationships: I'll only be happy if I have the perfect man or woman.
Work: If only my colleagues would treat me better...
The list goes on. The situations may change or they may not. But waiting for them to change is hopeless, if you want peace now. And yes, the bills have to be paid. Yes, the children have to be fed. Somehow there seems a wrongness to feel satisfied unless those things happen first. That's called motivational pain.
You know the carrot and the stick?
The popular belief is that the stick is pain motivation, and the carrot is pleasure motivation. In fact, they are BOTH pain motivators. One brings perceived pain into the present (the stick) and the other pushes permission for peace into the future (the carrot). Well, the absence of peace is the presence of suffering!
Can you be fully present and satisfied and still carry out your life?
I don't know. I can. Can you? That depends on your willingness. Switching from the paradigm of stress to the paradigm of fulfilment actually involves a journey into fear. When faced with the fear, the temptation is to turn back to the paradigm of stress, which why so many continue to live in it.
Want to know more? Come to The Dialogues, and dialogue with me about it. There is no one path to end pain. There is no one way to enlightenment. There is not just one road to freedom. There are many, and only you can find your own. I will show you the paths I and many before me took, and you can shape your own. It is truly a dialogue.
It is NOT a journey for the spiritually immature.
- This is NOT for you if you want the situations and circumstances of your life to change before experiencing peace, because that doesn't create peace.
- This is NOT for you if you don't want your beliefs questioned, because they are the pillars of your paradigm.
- This is NOT for you if you don't want your paradigms challenged, because it will be a waste of your time.
- This is NOT for you if you are not willing to experience the feelings and sensations of shifting paradigms, because you will.
- This is NOT for you if you want to control your life, because this is about peace, not control.
If, however, you fulfill two conditions, then you are invited and welcomed to The Dialogues.
Condition #1: You are committed to your own peace above all else. You desire it over everything else. This is not the time to be selfless. In fact, my experience is that in being completely selfish, you will also become completely selfless.
Condition #2: You are open to different ways of perceiving and thinking. That is how paradigms are defined and changed.
See you there!