Friday 31 July 2009

Manifestation Series Part 6: Continuing to Ride the Wave



This book was just recommended to me by a mentor. And I had not seen her this persistent about a book since my first brush with the Sedona Method, so I went with the recommendation and purchased it. It rocks. I'm not going to do a book review, so purchase it if you want, because it's worth every penny.

However, what Gay Hendricks has to say is very relevant to the manifestation process. He talks about the Upper Limit Problem - how we sabotage ourselves when things are going well. Looking at why we do that is very pertinent to understanding the blind spots of our consciousness. What I have here is my interpretation of his work, which may or may not be what he is saying.

He lists four reasons why we have an Upper Limit. I also see that as four reasons why we sabotage our energies to attract non-ideal situations. It can be created at the physical level, but it is also created at the spiritual level. Without further ado:

Hidden Barrier 1: Feeling Fundamentally Flawed

The book says of this barrier:

"I cannot expand to my full creative genius because somethig is fundamentally wrong with me."

This has to do with the issues of deserving already covered in post 1 of this series. In order to surpass that, we need to sit in the awareness of our larger identity, and through that root our awareness in how we truly deserve what we desire. It also limits what we dare to hope for because we feel it is not in our domain of desire. We need to use the Law of Creation to change that.

In addition to the deserving issues, what may come up is the belief of lack of capability to carry something out.

Hidden Barrier 2: Disloyalty and Abandonment

I think it best to quote Mr Hendricks' mantra on this here:

"I cannot expand to my full success because it would cause me to end up all alone, be disloyal to my roots, and leave behind people from my past."

This one was interesting for me, particularly because I had chosen such a unique path in life. I realised that I did indeed have some of this barrier myself, even though I thought I had cleared it out. Releasing the wanting approval, wanting control and wanting survival around this is the best way, so Sedona Method style questioning is my recommendation of choice.

Hidden Barrier 3: Believing that More Success brings a Bigger Burden

"I cannot expand to my highest potential because I'd be an even bigger burden than I am now."


This one is the guilt trip. It depends on the story generated on how your success would impact those around you. You can see the pattern emerging here. The first barrier is around the desire, the beginning, the belief of capability and the deserving. The second barrier is around the past, its history, and the uncertainty of the future/doing something new. This third barrier is around fear of the impact of your success on those around you. The easiest way to bring it up is to visualise your success, and notice how easily it fits into your vision. If it is a standalone and you're being vague about how it fits into your life, then chances are good this barrier is present.

Hidden Barrier 4: The Crime of Outshining

"I must not expand to my full success, because if I did I would outshine ______ and make him or her look or feel bad."

Another guilt trip, again associated with the future, but also related to the past. This is the paradigm of the gifted child who does not want to outshine his parents. A lot of this lies in playing a mental script about what the impact of your success is on others, which may or may not be true. This may sound cruel, but it is not your business. Your internal state is your business. Another person's is his business. You can do everything in your power to make another happy, but they still may not be. Their happiness is their responsibility. Take care of your own.

No comments: